Innovative, high-quality design down to the smallest detail
Especially for SUV vehicles: The new AC Schnitzer AC2 Light Alloy Wheels
The new AC Schnitzer AC2 light-alloy wheels with ten-armed, stylized Y-spokes, which are reminiscent of the tentacles of an octopus, are unique in appearance. Manufactured using the low pressure casting process with subsequent heat treatment, the shaped rim star of the monoblock rim offers a clear view of the axle and brake.
The centre of the head-footer forms the hub cap of the AC2 alloy rims in classic, pentagonal form with the AC Schnitzer logo. As with the Octopus, the "brain" of the light alloy rims is not only in the head, but is also branched into the outermost components. Designed especially for SUV vehicles and protected against corrosion with high-quality clear varnish, the AC Schnitzer AC2 light alloy rims offer innovative, high-quality design down to the smallest detail and a guaranteed, long service life coupled with unlimited everyday usability.
- weight-optimised cast alloy rims
- produced in the low-pressure casting process with subsequent heat treatment
- in BiColor
- open design in which gives a clear view to the brakes
- the stylised Y-spokes ensure clear lines and an individual design
- hubcap in classic, pentagonal shape
- especially developed for SUV cars
- embossed original AC Schnitzer logo
- the wheel is corrosion-protected with a high quality clear lacquer,
- guaranteeing a long life
Only high-quality aluminium alloys with the AlSi7 or AlSi11 specification are used.
Both types of material are additionally heat-treated in the production process, which results in higher strength and simultaneous weight reduction.
Material samples during the production process guarantee the constant and high quality of the material.
Steps on the way to perfection
A high-quality cast blank is the prerequisite for a perfect and durable wheel. AC Schnitzer uses the low-pressure casting process for its manufacture. The aluminium alloy is pressed into a multi-part casting mould at a pressure of up to 1.2 bar. After cooling to approx. 400 degrees Celsius, the mould is opened and the cast blank is ready for further processing.
This takes place during machining and a complex painting process.
X-ray inspections, leak tests and the use of various measuring methods throughout the entire manufacturing process guarantee the consistent and high quality of the wheel.
Surface BiColor Silver
In this process, the wheel is first primed, then completely painted and finally sealed with an acrylic clear lacquer. Now the surfaces, which are later to shine metallically bright, are turned off. Finally, a two-layer clear coat is applied, consisting of a polyester primer and the acrylic clear coat.
Test Procedures / Safety
After their design, the first sample rims are manufactured under real production conditions. These must undergo a multitude of tests. Among other things, the strength is tested. The "rim life" is simulated in the bending circumferential test. Every AC Schnitzer rim must withstand this intact in order to be allowed to be produced and sold at all.
This is followed by vehicle-specific tests, including test installations with check of unobstructed movement and driving tests on public roads and on race tracks. Only after these procedures our rims receive their homologation, i.e. the approval to be used in road traffic.
Wheels are safety-relevant components. Therefore, they are checked and tested with the greatest care. This starts with the first chemical material tests and ends with hard testing machine endurance runs:
- § 30 StVZO wheel guideline
- ECE R124
- Bending-rotation tests
- 90° impact test
- unwinding tests
Uniqueness of the Type AC2 Light Alloy Wheels
- Engineered in Germany
- heat treated
- Developed exclusively for Land Rover, Range Rover and Jaguar vehicles
- With exclusive AC Schnitzer lettering
- Compatible with standard RDC system
- also available as a complete wheel
- Warranty 2 years
- Production monitored according to ISO standard
- Available BiColor or Anthracite/Black
- Spacers/mounting package for the best possible position in the wheel arch (to be ordered separately)
- Assembly package vehicle specific