Generation change for AC Schnitzer rims
If light alloy wheels consist of more than one component, they are referred to as multi-part light alloy wheels. Three-piece AC Schnitzer alloy wheels consist of two rim halves and the wheel star.
Not only is the name new, but also the design - both point to a generational shift in the wheel segment at AC Schnitzer. Although the AC1 rims are a new design, in one important aspect they pay tribute to their heritage: they too will certainly become a design classic.
With the new AC1 rims, AC Schnitzer has reinterpreted the classic twin-spoke design. The result is a sporting hybrid look. In a sophisticated style, triangle tips taper towards the rim edge and widen towards the centre, separated by five trapezoids. These draw the eye directly to the unique classic element of the AC1 rim: the pentagonal hub cap with AC Schnitzer logo.
Despite this multiplicity of styling elements, the design appears clean and masculine thanks to the very straight lines. The interplay of all these elements gives the AC1 wheel solidity and size. Especially in motion, the BiColor finish creates a strongly alternating effect.
What is your personal benefit?
- three-piece with visible bolting
- high load capacity thanks to special construction
- outer bed: forged, milled, rolled and clear lacquered
- inner star: forged and milled
- inner bed: aluminium block milled, rolled and anodized
- weight-optimized racing rims with machined original AC Schnitzer logo
- weight reduced thanks to forging, compared with conventional cast wheels
- reduction in unsprung mass and gyroscopic forces on the car
- improved driving dynamics.
- open 5-spoke design in Black, giving a clear view to the brakes
- corrosion-protected with high quality clear lacquer, guaranteeing a long life
- technical development stage of AC1 rims
Inner star: Forged block of high-strength aluminium
Outer bed: High-strength aluminium
Inner bed: high-strength aluminium
Steps on the way to perfection
Inner star forged
Outer bed deep-drawn, CNC-machined, high-gloss polished and clear lacquered
Inner bed deep-drawn, CNC-machined, anodized
The individual components are connected to each other with high-strength titanium screws.
Surface Black outer bed surface
In this process, the wheel is first primed, then completely painted. A two-layer clear coat is then applied, consisting of a polyester primer and the matt acrylic clear coat.
Inner bed / Surface
In this process the inner bed is anodized
Test Procedures / Safety
After their design, the first sample rims are manufactured under real production conditions. These must undergo a multitude of tests. Among other things, the strength is tested. The "rim life" is simulated in the bending circumferential test. Every AC Schnitzer rim must withstand this intact in order to be allowed to be produced and sold at all.
This is followed by vehicle-specific tests, including test installations with check of unobstructed movement and driving tests on public roads and on race tracks. Only after these procedures our rims receive their homologation, i.e. the approval to be used in road traffic.
Wheels are safety-relevant components. Therefore, they are checked and tested with the greatest care. This starts with the first chemical material tests and ends with hard testing machine endurance runs:
- § 30 StVZO wheel guideline
- ECE R124
- Bending-rotation tests
- 90° impact test
- unwinding tests
Scope of delivery:
- rim AC1 Racing Forged Wheel Black
- Specific hub cover
- Quality tag
- homologation certificate
- Optional vehicle- and rim-specific mounting and fastening material
- Certificate of Authenticity
- 2 years manufacturer's warranty
Uniqueness of the Racing Forged Wheels AC1:
- Engineered in Germany
- Developed exclusively for BMW vehicles
- Specially developed for vehicles with high axle and wheel loads
- With exclusive AC Schnitzer and Geschmiedet lettering
- Compatible with standard RDC system
- also available as a complete wheel
- Warranty 2 years
- Production monitored according to ISO standard
- KDS mount for wheel alignment according to BMW specification is available
- Spacers/mounting package for the best possible position in the wheel arch (to be ordered separately)
- Assembly package vehicle specific