Refined yet Sporting Appearance: AC Schnitzer Type VIII Alloy Wheels
The AC Schnitzer Type VIII alloy rim in BiColor finish in two different Silver shades supplements the Type VIII wheel range, which also includes the Type VIII Forged Racing Rim as well as the Type VIII Lightweight Forged Wheel.
The new one-piece wheel has a beautiful but "easy care" look, with unrestricted suitability for everyday use. The Type VIII alloys are made in the low pressure process and subjected to heat treatment after casting. Thanks to the high quality casting process, the characteristic AC Schnitzer design with its 5 double spokes can be made even more delicate for optimum weight.
The perfect BiColor Finish gives the Type VIII Alloy Wheel a sophisticated sporting look for many BMW models.
- AC Schnitzer Alloy Wheel with innovative design
- weight-optimsed, cast alloy wheel
- incl. machined AC Schnitzer logo
- open 5-spoke design in BiColor Silver, giving a clear view to the brakes
- high quality clear lacquer protects the wheel against corrosion, therefore
Only high-quality aluminium alloys with the AlSi7 or AlSi11 specification are used.
Both types of material are additionally heat-treated in the production process, which results in higher strength and simultaneous weight reduction.
Material samples during the production process guarantee the constant and high quality of the material.
Steps on the way to perfection
A high-quality cast blank is the prerequisite for a perfect and durable wheel. AC Schnitzer uses the low-pressure casting process for its manufacture. The aluminium alloy is pressed into a multi-part casting mould at a pressure of up to 1.2 bar. After cooling to approx. 400 degrees Celsius, the mould is opened and the cast blank is ready for further processing.
This takes place during machining and a complex painting process.
X-ray inspections, leak tests and the use of various measuring methods throughout the entire manufacturing process guarantee the consistent and high quality of the wheel.
Surface BiColor Silver
In this process, the wheel is first primed and then completely painted. Now the surfaces, which are later to shine metallically bright, are turned off. Finally, a two-layer clear coat is applied, consisting of a polyester primer and the acrylic clear coat.
Test Procedures / Safety
After their design, the first sample rims are manufactured under real production conditions. These must undergo a multitude of tests. Among other things, the strength is tested. The "rim life" is simulated in the bending circumferential test. Every AC Schnitzer rim must withstand this intact in order to be allowed to be produced and sold at all.
This is followed by vehicle-specific tests, including test installations with check of unobstructed movement and driving tests on public roads and on race tracks. Only after these procedures our rims receive their homologation, i.e. the approval to be used in road traffic.
Wheels are safety-relevant components. Therefore, they are checked and tested with the greatest care. This starts with the first chemical material tests and ends with hard testing machine endurance runs:
- § 30 StVZO wheel guideline
- ECE R124
- Bending-rotation tests
- 90° impact test
- unwinding tests
Scope of delivery
- Rim Type VIII casted, monoblock wheel in BiColor Silver
- Specific hub cover
- Quality tag
- homologation certificate
- Optional vehicle- and rim-specific mounting and fastening material
- Certificate of Authenticity
Uniqueness of the Type VIII Light Alloy Wheels
- Engineered in Germany
- heat treated
- Developed exclusively for BMW and MINI vehicles
- With exclusive AC Schnitzer lettering
- Compatible with standard RDC system
- also available as a complete wheel
- Warranty 2 years
- Production monitored according to ISO standard
- Available in BiColor Black or BiColor Silver or Anthracite
- KDS mount for wheel alignment according to BMW specification is available
- Spacers/mounting package for the best possible position in the wheel arch (to be ordered separately)
- Assembly package vehicle specific