Technical and Visual Revolution: Forged Racing Wheel Type VIII from AC Schnitzer
If light alloy wheels consist of more than one component, they are referred to as multi-part light alloy wheels. Three-piece AC Schnitzer alloy wheels consist of two rim halves and the wheel star.
The Forged Racing Wheel Type VIII is based on the design of the Type VI wheel but has even more to offer. The genuine three-piece designer product is a revolution in the broad marketplace for popular spoked wheels, and complements perfectly the styling language of BMW.
The visual charm of the rim with its classic 5 double-spoke design comes from the cast, forged and machined inner star and a spoke frame held in anthracite.
The visible bolted connections to the wheel bed are a deliberate visual highlight. At the same time, the stainless steel bolts confirm the multipiece nature and hence the exclusivity of the wheel.
The outer and inner rim beds consist of flow-formed forged metal. Despite the wealth of detail, the multipiece Forged Racing Wheel Type VIII does not look busy, but the simple lines give it a masculine, athletic appearance.
- 3-piece rim
- Visible bolted connection with stainless steel screws
- Outer bed: forged, milled, rolled and clear lacquered
- Inner star: forged, milled and black painted
- Surface turned, clear lacquered
- Inner bed: aluminium block, milled, rolled and Anthracite anodized
- weight reduction through forging technology
- reduction in unsprung mass and gyroscopic forces on the car, therefore
- improved driving dynamics
- better acceleration and deceleration due to lower masses
- improved cornering handling
- striking, slim design in Anthracite and Silver
- high quality clear lacquer protects the wheel against corrosion, therefore
- long life
- exclusive appearance of the Racing Forged rims
Inner star: Forged block of high-strength aluminium
Outer bed: High-strength aluminium
Inner bed: high-strength aluminium
Steps on the way to perfection
Inner star forged
Outer bed deep-drawn, CNC-machined, high-gloss polished and clear lacquered
Inner bed deep-drawn, CNC-machined, anodized
The individual components are connected to each other with high-strength titanium screws.
Surface BiColor Anthracite/Silver
In this process, the wheel is first primed, then completely painted. Now the AC Schnitzer and Forged logos as well as various detail areas, which are later to shine metallically bright, are milled. A two-layer clear coat is then applied, consisting of a polyester primer and the matt acrylic clear coat.
Outer bed / surface
In this process, the outer bed is first polished to a high gloss. A two-layer clear coat is then applied, consisting of a polyester primer and the glossy acrylic clear coat.
Inner bed / Surface
In this process the inner bed is anodized
Test Procedures / Safety
After their design, the first sample rims are manufactured under real production conditions. These must undergo a multitude of tests. Among other things, the strength is tested. The "rim life" is simulated in the bending circumferential test. Every AC Schnitzer rim must withstand this intact in order to be allowed to be produced and sold at all.
This is followed by vehicle-specific tests, including test installations with check of unobstructed movement and driving tests on public roads and on race tracks. Only after these procedures our rims receive their homologation, i.e. the approval to be used in road traffic.
Wheels are safety-relevant components. Therefore, they are checked and tested with the greatest care. This starts with the first chemical material tests and ends with hard testing machine endurance runs:
- § 30 StVZO wheel guideline
- ECE R124
- Bending-rotation tests
- 90° impact test
- unwinding tests
Scope of delivery:
- rim Type VIII Racing Forged Wheel BiColor Anthracite Silver
- Specific hub cover
- Quality trailers
- homologation certificate
- Optional vehicle- and rim-specific mounting and fastening material
- Certificate of Authenticity
- 2 years manufacturer's warranty
Uniqueness of the Racing Forged Wheels Type VIII:
- Engineered in Germany
- Developed exclusively for BMW vehicles
- Specially developed for vehicles with high axle and wheel loads
- With exclusive AC Schnitzer, Type VIII and forged lettering
- Compatible with standard RDC system
- also available as a complete wheel
- Warranty 2 years
- Production monitored according to ISO standard
- BiColor Anthracite/Silver
- KDS mount for wheel alignment according to BMW specification is available
- Spacers/mounting package for the best possible position in the wheel arch (to be ordered separately)
- Assembly package vehicle specific