Philosophy / Engineering / Setup
Suspension components from AC Schnitzer improve driving dynamics and safety. Essential requirement for this is that the wheels always have contact with the ground, and that road-holding, cornering stability, braking and steering safety are guaranteed.
"In principle, the car should handle the same as a standard vehicle. Good-natured load-change reactions and gentle understeer in the limit zone are important - after all, AC Schnitzer customers are not professional racing drivers", explains the Director Development at AC Schnitzer, Roman Fenners.
We take every suspension kit through the "Green Hell".
Only when a suspension kit has achieved optimum results in all conceivable driving and racing conditions, and combines sporting handling with maximum possible suspension comfort, can it be offered as an original AC Schnitzer suspension spring kit, sports suspension or RS adjustable suspension.
The AC Schnitzer suspension team approves the extremely high product quality of all AC Schnitzer suspension components and certifies the extensive test process for every original product.
The AC Schnitzer suspension components are produced in close collaboration with the renowned suspension manufacturers. The special, exclusive AC Schnitzer setup is evident to the customer at first glance, because only products labelled AC Schnitzer actually contain the AC Schnitzer setup which is unique to every model.
Since the standard models can differ hugely from each other, the engineers must develop specific suspension components for each model. The vehicle weight, size, engine, and wheel and tyre combination are taken into account individually.
Original AC Schnitzer Spring kits
- thoroughly tested and optimised by our suspension team
- combination of optimum lowering and adapted residual spring travel, with simultaneous adjustment of spring hardness
- the AC Schnitzer spring kit is suitable for everyday use on public roads to driver training courses on race tracks
Improved agility and safety
- lowering the centre of gravity by lowering the vehicle brings a perceptible improvement in driving dynamics and cornering behaviour
- enables a sporty driving style
- changing the vehicle's centre of gravity gives higher safety reserves on load changes and sudden manoeuvres, and hence raises the limit zone
- the authenticity certificate of the spring kit guarantees a high standard of safety and highest quality
- developed and extensively tested on the North Loop of the Nürburgring, where every test result is used for improvement
The use of AC Schnitzer suspension spring kits enables the combination of sporty vehicle appearance with impressive driving comfort and handling.
The parts homologation certificate is an official document which allows the use of tuning parts in public road traffic within the framework of the (StVZO) German road traffic licensing regulations (and some other countries). After installation or conversion of the part described in the certificate, the vehicle must be presented to an official inspection body. The inspector determines the correct installation and the authenticity of the part and subsequently enters the modification in the vehicle documents. The official operating license of the vehicle thus remains in force. The parts homologation certificate is part of the scope of delivery.
Scope of delivery:
- 2 x springs for the front axle
- certificate of authenticity
- sticker "Suspension Technology approved on the Nürburgring"
- mounting instructions
- homologation certificate
Uniqueness of the AC Schnitzer Spring Kit
- optimum lowering
- more driving pleasure
- tested on the road and race tracks
- lowering vehicle's centre of gravity
- improved curve handling
- improved driving dynamics
- high residual spring travel
- good driving comfort